Indonesia names two more Bali bombing suspects
24 January 2006 - Two arrested this month, including a close aide to the country's most wanted militant, were named suspects on Monday for involvement in last year's restaurant bombings on Bali, a police spokesman said. Police last week declared four other men suspects in the same case on charges of helping hide accused militant mastermind Noordin M. Top during and after the bombings that killed 20 people at three eateries.
· 24-01-2006: Indonesia names two more Bali bombing suspects
· 24-01-2006 - forum:Indonesia names two more Bali bombing suspects
16 November 2005 - Indonesian police are continuing to question three men arrested in connection with last month's Bali bombings. The three were taken into custody in central Java and flown to the Balinese capital Denpasar for interrogation. Police say they will face charges of assisting terrorists, which carries a jail sentence of between three and 15 years.
· 16-11-2005: Police question three men over last month's Bali attacks
· 25-10-2005: Police say baffled in Bali blast probe
13 October 2005 - Police have freed a man they had detained this week for suspected links to triple suicide bombings on the resort island of Bali, saying on Thursday there was no evidence he had any involvement. Police had said the man was believed to have shared a house with one of the bombers in Bali.
· Police arrest two more in Bali blast probe
· Police free man held over Bali blast
· Forum topic: Police free man held over Bali blast
Protesters storm Bali prison
12 October 2005 - Some 500 protesters demanding execution of three militants on death row over the 2002 blasts on Indonesia's Bali island broke into a jail today where the inmates had been held until the previous day, witnesses said. Some protesters climbed over the outer fence of the Kerobokan prison while others knocked down a steel door into the jail.
· Protesters storm Bali jail, demand death for bombers
First arrest made
11 October 2005 - Police have arrested a man who allegedly shared a rented room with one of three suicide bombers on Bali before this month's deadly attacks on restaurants on the island, the national police spokesman said. The arrest of the construction worker, identified only as H.S., could be the first major breakthrough in their probe into the Oct. 1 bombings that killed 23 people.
· Police in Bali make first arrest
Pictures from Jimbaran beach explosion site added
· Bombs explode in Bali (pictures 12 and ahead)
After the bombings
9 October 2005 - Indonesian police said yesterday they came within two hours of apprehending one of two Malaysians considered prime suspects in last weekend's suicide bombings in Bali, after an early-morning raid that marked the latest sign of an accelerating investigation. A senior police official said investigators raided the central Java village of Purwantoro at about 3am yesterday after receiving a tip
· Police miss Bali bomb suspects by hours
· Police: Bali mastermind escapes raid (picture included)
· Police seek five over Bali attacks
· Australia issues new Bali warning
· Bali police holding 'bomb suspect'
· Funerals of Bali blast victims begin
· Manhunt launched for Bali bomb suspects
· Security tightened after Bali suicide bombings
· Bounty turns up heat on JI mystery man (picture included)
Suspects in the bombing
· Grisly photos of Bali suicide bombers released (see below)
· Malaysian bombmakers key Bali suspects
· Suicide bombers carried out Bali attacks
In these frame grabs taken from a video filmed by a tourist, a man carrying a backpack, left background, is seen walking past customers in Raja's Bar and Restaurant, in Kuta Square. Seconds later, right, a bomb explodes in the bar.
1 October 2005 - Several near-simultaneous explosions occurred Saturday in tourist areas of Bali island, killing at least 25 and injuring at least 101. At least three blasts occurred along Jimbaran beach, which is lined with seafood restaurants commonly frequented by tourists, El Shinta radio reported.
Latest news about the explosions
Image of injured tourists
· Bali tourism likely to take a dive
· Bali bomb death toll rises to 25
· At least 19 reported killed in Bali bomb blasts
· President Susilo condemns Bali blasts
· Bali explosions leave 8 dead, 30 injured
· Bombings in Bali tourist areas cause dozens of casualties
· Several deaths reported in Bali blasts
· Explosions in Bali beach area, police official says
Location of the bombings
Location of the bombings.
· Explosions in Bali beach area, police official says
Related forum topics
· Bombs explode in Bali
Other major attacks in Indonesia since 2000
- 1 October 2005:
Bombs explode almost simultaneously in two tourist areas of the resort island of Bali, killing at least 22 people and wounding dozens.
- 28 May 2005:
Two bombs explode in a crowded market in the Christian-dominated town of Tentena, killing at least 22 people and wounding 40.
- 9 September 2004:
A suicide car bomb explodes outside the Australian Embassy in Jakarta, killing 11 people and wounding 200.
- 5 August 2003:
A car bomb in front of the J.W. Marriott Hotel in central Jakarta, kills 12 people and wounds 150.
- 5 December 2002:
Bomb explodes outside a McDonald's restaurant on Sulawesi Island, killing three people and injuring 11.
- 12 October 2002:
Two near simultaneous bombs explode in a nightclub district on Bali just before midnight, killing 202 people, most foreign tourists.
- 25 December 2000:
Bombs explode at 11 churches across the country on Christmas Eve, killing 19 people and injuring about 100.
- 13 September 2000:
A car bomb explodes inside the garage of the Jakarta Stock Exchange building, killing 10 people and injuring 16.
- 1 August 2000:
Bomb kills two people and seriously injures the Philippine ambassador to Indonesia.
Image of damage to a popular restaurant in Kuta Square.
Webmasters, perma-link to: http://indahnesia.com/indonesia/event/34/bali_tourist_areas_hit_by_bombs.php